Yum! Thought I’d share my best batch of vegan french toast yet 🙂
Very easy. Medium firm tofu blended with tumeric, salt, little bit of sugar, nutritional yeast, tiny bit soy milk. Spread generously over sour dough both sides and fried in vegan marg. Topped with vegan marg and whatever topping like maple syrup.
Need some inspiration in the morning? Some days I look at my cherubs and wonder- what am I actually going to feed you in the next 5 minutes? So, here is a list I developed to remind myself that yes, one can easily put something healthy and substantial on the table at breakfast. Yes, all of these ideas can be prepared in under 5 minutes. I have done it myself!
- Sourdough toast with apricot jam and cheddar cheese. Apple slices on the side.
- Turkish bread toasted with vegemite. Green grapes on the side.
- Vegetable mini muffins with vegan (or dairy) cream cheese.
- Pumpernickel topped with cream cheese and pear slices.
- Fruit platter with natural yoghurt sprinkled with sesame seeds for dipping.
- Natural muesli with non/dairy milk.
- Scrambled free range eggs with toasted, torn flat wraps.
- Scrambled tofu with spinach.
- Sauteed tofu with steamed/microwaved vegetable sticks.
- Leftover noodles and vegetable stirfry.
- Corn fritters (home made, stored in the fridge) with fruit on the side.
- French toast and berries.
- Steamed vegetable sticks, toast soldiers with yoghurt-sweet chilli dipping sauce.
- Breakfast smoothie (green or mango).
- Picnic box- vegetarian “ploughmans” style with cheddar cheese sticks, some pickled vegetables, cut cherry tomatoes, cucumber sticks, bite sized bread pieces…
- Home made (pre-made of course) hommus with wholemeal bread.
- Flash fried cherry tomatoes (until they split), doused in balsamic vinegar, roughly mashed onto toast.
- Left over pasta with added frozen peas.
- Warm tofu, satay sauce and vegetable wraps (small sized for little hands).
- Home made vanilla poached pears with natural yoghurt.
- Anything involving avocado.
I would love to hear some of your go-to breakfasts.
Have a lovely week full of delicious, nutritious breakfasts 🙂