One of the best tips I have read online about lunch preparation is to make the following day’s lunch while you are preparing today’s lunch. It doesn’t work every day but it certainly helps. When I am packing the insulated lunch bags at night, often most of the lunch is already prepared. Usually I have precook and frozen baked goods ready to pack. It saves time.
Tomorrow’s offering is a result of packing throughout the day whilst preparing meals for my little darlings.
Mango, coconut and chia smoothies
Corn crackers with vegan mayonnaise and cheese
Pasta and vegetable box
Tropical fruit box
Vegetable muffin with dairy free cream cheese.
The lunch bags will come home empty 🙂
Hope you have a lovely week xx
Need some inspiration in the morning? Some days I look at my cherubs and wonder- what am I actually going to feed you in the next 5 minutes? So, here is a list I developed to remind myself that yes, one can easily put something healthy and substantial on the table at breakfast. Yes, all of these ideas can be prepared in under 5 minutes. I have done it myself!
- Sourdough toast with apricot jam and cheddar cheese. Apple slices on the side.
- Turkish bread toasted with vegemite. Green grapes on the side.
- Vegetable mini muffins with vegan (or dairy) cream cheese.
- Pumpernickel topped with cream cheese and pear slices.
- Fruit platter with natural yoghurt sprinkled with sesame seeds for dipping.
- Natural muesli with non/dairy milk.
- Scrambled free range eggs with toasted, torn flat wraps.
- Scrambled tofu with spinach.
- Sauteed tofu with steamed/microwaved vegetable sticks.
- Leftover noodles and vegetable stirfry.
- Corn fritters (home made, stored in the fridge) with fruit on the side.
- French toast and berries.
- Steamed vegetable sticks, toast soldiers with yoghurt-sweet chilli dipping sauce.
- Breakfast smoothie (green or mango).
- Picnic box- vegetarian “ploughmans” style with cheddar cheese sticks, some pickled vegetables, cut cherry tomatoes, cucumber sticks, bite sized bread pieces…
- Home made (pre-made of course) hommus with wholemeal bread.
- Flash fried cherry tomatoes (until they split), doused in balsamic vinegar, roughly mashed onto toast.
- Left over pasta with added frozen peas.
- Warm tofu, satay sauce and vegetable wraps (small sized for little hands).
- Home made vanilla poached pears with natural yoghurt.
- Anything involving avocado.
I would love to hear some of your go-to breakfasts.
Have a lovely week full of delicious, nutritious breakfasts 🙂