1 cup whole meal self raising flour
3/4 cup buckwheat flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
2 tsp corn flour
2 1/2 cups soy milk
Fork mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl until smooth.
Heat oil in a fry pan.
Pour mixture into pan and cook until bubbles form. Gently flip and cook to lightly brown other side.
Repeat until all mixture has been used.
Serve with your favourite filling. We love apricot jam, lemon juice and Mae syrup, blueberries and maple syrup.
Enjoy and hope you have a lovely week xxx
My children love this little breakfast that I make. I prepare it the night before it is served and let it become beautiful in the fridge.
In layers from the bottom add quick oats. Soak in apple juice so it is quite wet. Layer a generous amount of frozen berries (raspberries pictured). Top with a layer of yoghurt (dairy free if you like) and a drizzle of rice malt syrup.
It travels well in a leak proof container and can be frozen ahead of time too.
Such a delicious breakfast. Have a lovely week.
Need some inspiration in the morning? Some days I look at my cherubs and wonder- what am I actually going to feed you in the next 5 minutes? So, here is a list I developed to remind myself that yes, one can easily put something healthy and substantial on the table at breakfast. Yes, all of these ideas can be prepared in under 5 minutes. I have done it myself!
- Sourdough toast with apricot jam and cheddar cheese. Apple slices on the side.
- Turkish bread toasted with vegemite. Green grapes on the side.
- Vegetable mini muffins with vegan (or dairy) cream cheese.
- Pumpernickel topped with cream cheese and pear slices.
- Fruit platter with natural yoghurt sprinkled with sesame seeds for dipping.
- Natural muesli with non/dairy milk.
- Scrambled free range eggs with toasted, torn flat wraps.
- Scrambled tofu with spinach.
- Sauteed tofu with steamed/microwaved vegetable sticks.
- Leftover noodles and vegetable stirfry.
- Corn fritters (home made, stored in the fridge) with fruit on the side.
- French toast and berries.
- Steamed vegetable sticks, toast soldiers with yoghurt-sweet chilli dipping sauce.
- Breakfast smoothie (green or mango).
- Picnic box- vegetarian “ploughmans” style with cheddar cheese sticks, some pickled vegetables, cut cherry tomatoes, cucumber sticks, bite sized bread pieces…
- Home made (pre-made of course) hommus with wholemeal bread.
- Flash fried cherry tomatoes (until they split), doused in balsamic vinegar, roughly mashed onto toast.
- Left over pasta with added frozen peas.
- Warm tofu, satay sauce and vegetable wraps (small sized for little hands).
- Home made vanilla poached pears with natural yoghurt.
- Anything involving avocado.
I would love to hear some of your go-to breakfasts.
Have a lovely week full of delicious, nutritious breakfasts 🙂