Need some inspiration in the morning? Some days I look at my cherubs and wonder- what am I actually going to feed you in the next 5 minutes? So, here is a list I developed to remind myself that yes, one can easily put something healthy and substantial on the table at breakfast. Yes, all of these ideas can be prepared in under 5 minutes. I have done it myself!
- Sourdough toast with apricot jam and cheddar cheese. Apple slices on the side.
- Turkish bread toasted with vegemite. Green grapes on the side.
- Vegetable mini muffins with vegan (or dairy) cream cheese.
- Pumpernickel topped with cream cheese and pear slices.
- Fruit platter with natural yoghurt sprinkled with sesame seeds for dipping.
- Natural muesli with non/dairy milk.
- Scrambled free range eggs with toasted, torn flat wraps.
- Scrambled tofu with spinach.
- Sauteed tofu with steamed/microwaved vegetable sticks.
- Leftover noodles and vegetable stirfry.
- Corn fritters (home made, stored in the fridge) with fruit on the side.
- French toast and berries.
- Steamed vegetable sticks, toast soldiers with yoghurt-sweet chilli dipping sauce.
- Breakfast smoothie (green or mango).
- Picnic box- vegetarian “ploughmans” style with cheddar cheese sticks, some pickled vegetables, cut cherry tomatoes, cucumber sticks, bite sized bread pieces…
- Home made (pre-made of course) hommus with wholemeal bread.
- Flash fried cherry tomatoes (until they split), doused in balsamic vinegar, roughly mashed onto toast.
- Left over pasta with added frozen peas.
- Warm tofu, satay sauce and vegetable wraps (small sized for little hands).
- Home made vanilla poached pears with natural yoghurt.
- Anything involving avocado.
I would love to hear some of your go-to breakfasts.
Have a lovely week full of delicious, nutritious breakfasts 🙂