These fritters are so easy and delicious, plus the addition of chia seeds gives them a nutritional boost.
- 2 zucchinis, grated
- 1 x 440 Gm can of corn kernels, drained
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup of wholemeal self raising flour
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds, stirred in scant 1/4 cup of water
- Rice bran oil
- Fry onion until opaque
- Squeeze moisture out of the grated zucchinis.
- Add all ingredients to large bowl, including onion and chia mix
- Stir to combine until mixture largely holds together and appears sticky
- Preheat non stick frypan with rice bran oil
- Spoon fritter mixture into pan. Shape around edge of each fritter then gently press down to flatten. I make large fritters. Fry on low to medium heat until browned. Gently flip and repeat until all mixture is used.
This mixture makes around ten large, or 15 medium sized fritters.
These are so delicious and great for lunch boxes, parties, picnics. They are also dairy and egg free, vegetable packed and satisfying.
I hope you love them as much as our tribe 🙂