I adapted this recipe from one that included egg, dairy and a huge amount of sugar. I changed it to suit our needs. I don’t have dairy and the children’s childcare is an egg free centre. This one is moist and delicious. I freeze in portions for lunches. My lunch stash in the freezer is referred to as “the bakery”. Enjoy!
1 cup self raising flour
1 cup wholemeal self raising flour
1/2 cup coconut sugar (lower GI than regular)
1/2 cup quick or rolled oats
2 large apples diced (about 1 cm)
1 large pear diced (about a cm)
125 gm dairy free margarine/rice bran oil
2tbsp white chia seeds soaked in 2 level cups of soy milk in a bowl for 10 minutes
2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Toss fruit in flour, oats and sugar
2. Melt margarine in microwave and add to chia soy milk mixture with vanilla
3. Add liquid mix to dry mix. Stir to combine well.
4. Pour into greased and lined tin
5. Bake 180 degrees 35 – 40 minutes or until top golden and skewer comes out clean.