Baked corn fritters
I made this recipe in response to my little baby being extremely needy one day and my subsequent inability to fry anything on the stove with said child attached to my hip. So I made my usual corn fritter recipe and piled it into a mini muffin tin. Well, they worked out superbly! These little treats are moist and loaded with extra goodness from the chick pea (besan) flour. My toddler exclaimed “cupcakes!”, then proceeded to eat two straight up. Enjoy!
1 cup chickpea flour
¾ cup wholemeal self-raising flour
2 tbsp sesame seeds + extra for sprinkling
1 425g can of creamed corn (low sugar variety if you can get one)
2 free range eggs
2 tsp minced coriander
2 tbsp rice bran oil
1 pinch salt + a grind of pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees celcius fan-forced (180 regular temp)
- Combine dry ingredients in bowl
- Add wet ingredients to dry and fold through
- Coat 24 hole mini muffin tin with spray oil
- Fill holes with mixture and sprinkle on extra sesame seeds
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until lightly golden.
Note: These are dairy free. To make this recipe egg free, add another tbsp of rice bran oil. These are really nice with vegan cream cheese.
One thought on “Baked corn fritters”
I love corn fritters, but don’t like deep frying. This is a great idea!